In honor of our 150th anniversary, try our “Which is older?” trivia game. Can you guess if these famous landmarks, products and events are older or newer than Frankenmuth Insurance?
1. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or Arlington National Cemetery?
Arlington National Cemetery. The cemetery was established in 1864 in Arlington, Virginia, during the Civil War, on land formerly owned by the family of Robert E. Lee.
2. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or the Kentucky Derby?
Frankenmuth Insurance. The first running of the Kentucky Derby was in 1875 (the winner: Aristides).
3. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or cotton candy?
Frankenmuth Insurance. Cotton candy was invented in 1897 in Nashville, Tennessee, by John C. Wharton, a candy maker and William Morrison, a dentist. (Apparently trying to bring in new business!)
4. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill?
The University of North Carolina. UNC at Chapel Hill is the oldest state university in the U.S., established in 1789.
5. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or the telephone?
Frankenmuth Insurance. The famous first telephone call from Alexander Graham Bell to his assistant, Thomas Watson, took place in 1876. So when Frankenmuth Insurance first opened in 1868, no one was calling up their agent to file a claim.
6. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or the submarine (the boat, not the sandwich)?
The submarine. The first use of submarines in war occurred in 1864 by the Confederacy, against a Union blockade of Charleston, South Carolina.
7. Which is older: Frankenmuth Insurance or the ice cream cone?
Frankenmuth Insurance. The patent for the ice cream cone was granted to Hoboken pushcart vendor Italo Marchiony in 1903. It was introduced to a wider audience at the World’s Fair in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1904.
8. Which happened first: Frankenmuth Insurance’s first auto insurance policies or the first Indianapolis 500?
The Indianapolis 500, which began in 1911. The Frankenmuth Mutual Auto Insurance Company, which would later merge with the Frankenmuth Mutual Fire Insurance Company to become today’s Frankenmuth Insurance, issued its first auto policies in 1922.
9. Which is older, Frankenmuth Insurance or the Statue of Liberty?
Frankenmuth Insurance. The Statue of Liberty was designed and built in France, then shipped in pieces to America in 1885. It was reassembled on its pedestal and dedicated by President Grover Cleveland in 1886.
How did you do? We hope you enjoyed the quiz. And remember, if you need answers about insurance (and not just trivia), we’re here for you.